2019 DUBAI INTERNATIONAL SAFETY ENGINEERING COURSE/ INDUSTRIAL TOUR
COURSE DURATION: EIGHT (8) DAYS
SAFETY ENGINEERING COURSE
- Equipping the graduates of the program with strong foundation in circuit/control theory and signal processing concepts
- Instrumentation expert: good knowledge in instrumentation systems and their application.
- Exposure to the operation and application/structure of basic electronic devices
- Automotive safety: technical know-how in the design of automotive body and safety, safety systems, collision warning and avoidance.
- Civil safety: proper understanding with the future of design for construction safety/management, health safety, crane and site safety.
- Understanding the principle of safety, fire prevention and protection
- International recognized certificate on safety engineering.
- Industrialization: to adapt the same technologies in Nigeria as a means of adding value to the economy.
- After successful completion of the course, trainee will be able to:
- Apply circuit theories, analyze AC and DC circuits
- Have the ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Have the ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Understand the structure of the basic electronic devices
- Design application using the basic electronic devices
- Have adequate knowledge in the measurement techniques for power and energy
- Understand and analyze instrumentation systems and their applications to various industries
SE001: FIRE AND SAFETY
Classification of fire – type and uses of fire extinguisher – three Types of fire protection system and flow chart for fire diagram. Design codes and standards for the firefighting system – design densities and spacing of sprinklers – Fire protection abbreviation, symbols and flow chart for fire protection system – High-rise building codes standards as per NBC. Hydraulic calculation: Basic hydraulic calculation and firefighting pump selections. Types of sprinklers: Types of sprinklers – classification of occupancy hazards – pipe schedule for the occupancy hazards and piping networks. Refuge area high-rise building: Refuge area high-rise building – fire safety norms for the schools. FM 200 calculation: Calculate the capacity of FM200 for electrical rooms and where applicable.
SE002: FIRE PROTECTION AND PREVENTION
Fire protection engineering – alarm systems and emergency procedure – Fire hazards: Mechanical hazards – Machine safe guarding – Falling hazards – lifting hazards – Pressure hazards – Electrical hazards – Fire and Life safety hazards – Acceleration, Impact, Vision and Temperature hazards – Fire safety and risk assessment Material and machine safety – Safety awareness: Accidents – cost of accidents – cause of accidents – accident causation theory’s – accident hierarchy – the accident studies. Safety awareness and safety tips for employees.
Industrial safety and preventive measures: Physical Hazards – Chemical Hazards – Biological Hazards- Mechanical Hazards – Electrical Hazards – Pollution Hazards. Waste water treatment: Preventing accidents and injuries Hydrogen sulfide: Health effects – detection and exposure
SE003: PRINCIPLES OF SAFETY
- Safety consideration in industry
- Safety management process
- Construction health and safety
- Construction site safety
- Managing health and safety
- EHS division (Tarkhees)
- Basic first aid
- OSHA Lock out / Tag out
- NEBOSH (health and safety)
SE004: CIVIL SAFETY
- Construction Safety Management
- The Future of Design for Construction Safety
- Construction Health Safety
- Construction Site Safety
- Construction Basis
- Fall Prevention
- Basic First Aid
- Crane safety
SE005: AUTOMOTIVE SAFETY
Design of Automotive Body and Safety
Introduction to automotive safety systems – Design of the body for safety – engine location – concept of crumble zone – safety sandwich construction – deformation behavior of vehicle body – speed and acceleration characteristics of passenger compartment on impact
Seat belt, regulations, automatic seat belt tightener system, collapsible steering column, tiltable steering wheel, air bags, electronic system for activating air bags, bumper design for safety
Collision Warning and Avoidance
Collision warning system, causes of rear end collision, frontal object detection, rear vehicle object detection system, object detection system with braking system interactions.
Al – Qusais-2-Dubai – United Arab Emirates
ASTI is an “Ofqual” certified organization thus, internationally accredited by the World’s Largest Education Companies like “Pearson, Qualifi and others”. The institute is also authenticated with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, OHSAS 18001:2007 AND HACCP.
Certificate will be provided for each trainee at the end of the course.
INDUSTRIAL TOUR/VISIT TO NIGERIAN AMBASSADOR:
There will be technical visit to industries /construction site as well as visit to the Nigerian ambassador in Dubai.
The scheduled date is August 28, 2019 – September 8, 2019 (12 Days Trip)
Twelve (12) days for the entire trip.
TOTAL COST FOR THE TRIP:
The total cost for the Training course/industrial tour is One Million, Two Hundred Thousand (N1,200, 000) Naira Only per participant.
This Covers Visa, Flight ticket, Course/Training cost, Accommodation, Brochure, Transportation, Refreshment, Administrative charges)
DAY 1: Wednesday, 28th August, 2019
Delegates depart Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja to Dubai.
Day 2: Thursday, 29th August, 2019
Visit to the Nigerian Ambassador in Dubai
DAY 3 – Day 10, 30th August – 6th September, 2019
Safety Engineering Course – Eight (8) days practical training course
DAY 11: Saturday, 7th September, 2019
Visit to Industries.
DAY 12: Sunday, 8th September, 2019
Delegates arrives Abuja
Powered by HCIEL